helping you move efficiently and free from pain
In addition to hands on therapies, I also offer exercise therapy.
Exercise therapy can be used for specific injury rehabilitation or injury prevention.
It can also be used for to maintain or restore muscular/ joint function as well as maintaining a state of well-being.
If you currently exercise or play sports, my goal is to get you back to full functional fitness (and beyond). Where possible we will find ways to adapt activities rather instead of telling you to stop completely.
Exercise Therapy can include 1-2-1 sessions in my private studio as well as personalised programmes for clients to follow at home/in the gym.
Booking an appointment
New clients will be required to attend an initial 60 minute appointment where we will conduct relevant assessments and select appropriate exercises. *Please note this appointment is slightly more expensive due to additional time allocated for treatment planning post appointment.
Please note that 30 minute sessions are only appropriate for early stage rehab/ mobility and flexibility training. If you wish to book a 30 minute strength session, you will be required to conduct an appropriate warm up and cool down away from the clinic.
If you have any specific questions regarding exercise therapy/rehab, please get in touch.
Appointments can be booked below by selecting the appropriate appointment type.
Can’t see a time that works for you? Get in touch to discuss a suitable alternative.
- Anyone who has niggling aches and pains during exercise or at rest
- Anyone wanting to return to sport after injury.
- Post-natal women looking to return to exercise or improve diastasis recti/ pelvic floor strength.
- Anyone who wants to improve their sporting performance
- Anyone wanting to learn how to lift weights safely and effectively.
- Ease muscular and joint pain
- Relieve conditions such as arthritis and osteoporosis
- Optimise muscular function and joint stability
- Improve balance & co-ordination
- Prevent injury/re-occurring injury
- Increase range of movement and joint mobility
- Build awareness and increase muscle activation
- Increase core strength/stability
- Improve balance and coordination
- Improve general health and well-being
- Improve confidence and body image
During your first appointment we will conduct an assessment including movement analysis to identify specific goals.
We will test key movements for any limitations including range of motion/pain and set out a plan of action moving forward.
You will have the option to continue with 1-2-1 sessions, a home (or gym) program to complete alone or a combination of both.
Follow up sessions will include a warm up, main session and cool down.
Exercises may include the use of free weights, resistance bands and body weight.
The focus may be on strength and stability, joint mobility, flexibility, balance, co-ordination or all of the above (depending on your goals).
We may utilise Pilates exercises where low impact/weight bearing is required or begin with light resistance, aiming to add progressively increase load over time.
I am a firm believer that prevention is better than cure.
If you have niggling aches and pains during exercise or at rest or have suffered from muscular aches, pains or injuries in the past then 1-2-1 sessions will help prevent the likelihood of injury down the line.
Preventative exercise is equally important for those who regularly exercise with intensity/under heavy load e.g. running, crossfit, weightlifting etc.
Don’t let an injury or pain keep you from doing the things that you love!